Search

Custom Search

Monday, March 15, 2010

Thank You, Glenn Beck: Now I Can Call You a Nazi (Newser.com)

Arguing with Idiots was published by Simon and...Image via Wikipedia
by Lewis Grossberger 
Mar 15, 2010

One thing I’ve got to hand Glenn Beck and the Tea Party crowd: They’re making it OK to call someone you disagree with a Nazi.

This is a restriction I’ve chafed under for a long time.

Previously, whenever I felt like yelling “Nazi” (which I frequently do) I’d be stopped short by the realization that a friend or acquaintance would blow the whistle and yell, “Godwin’s Law violation! Ten-yard penalty!”

Godwin’s Law, as you may know, is best misstated as follows: In any political argument, the first person to say “Nazi” loses.

It’s based on the quaint notion that reasonable, civilized people can disagree without resorting to the foulest, most vile imprecations available.

Thank heavens that’s done with.

Click HERE to Keep Reading!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: